Spring is right around the corner, but it’s not too late to give your lawn a boost to get the growing season started off right. In fact, now is actually the perfect time for a spring lawn fertilizer treatment. Learn why spring lawn fertilization is so important from the Atlanta lawn care experts at Simply Green!
Spring Lawn Fertilization
When to Fertilize Your Lawn
We recommend spring lawn fertilization during February, March, and April, though later applications can still be beneficial. For most Atlanta lawns, those months are when the grass is starting to perk back up and turn green again… Around the time you’ll start to think your yard needs its first mowing of the year. If you have warm-season grasses like Centipede, Zoysia, Bermuda, St. Augustine, Bahia, or Carpetgrass, they will be in their peak growing season from late spring to early summer. By fertilizing now, your lawn will have the nutrients it needs for robust growth during that optimal growing window.
Benefits of Spring Lawn Fertilizing by Simply Green
There are many reasons to book a lawn treatment from Simply Green, including:
- Giving your grass the best chance for lush growth.
- Making sure your grass is strong and healthy enough to withstand the harsh Georgia heat once summer arrives.
- Keeping your lawn looking its best all year. A healthy, professionally-managed lawn is more likely to survive the hottest and coldest times of the year. That adds up to a more beautiful appearance and more curb appeal for your home.
- Adding weed control to keep those pesky interlopers out of your lawn. Pre-emergent application allows the grass to use energy to strengthen its leaves and roots and stock up on nutrients instead of competing with weeds.
- Using the correct fertilizer for your specific lawn needs. Depending on the type of turfgrass you have, we will use nitrogen or potash fertilizer, in the correct amount and timing.
- Knowing your lawn is in good hands. At Simply Green, all of our plant health care specialists are certified by the Georgia Department of Agriculture and maintain their Category 24 applicator licenses.
- Saving time for other activities. Why spend your time researching, shopping, and applying lawn care treatments when you can just leave it to the experts? Save time and enjoy your weekends while we keep your lawn looking great.
Ready to get the ball rolling and the grass growing? Call us at 770-923-0387 to learn more about our Atlanta lawn care services, or contact us online. We serve clients throughout the metro Atlanta area, from Conyers to Cumming, East Cobb to East Gwinnett, and everywhere in between.