Looking for low-maintenance plants to beautify your Atlanta landscaping? Thankfully, our warm weather provides ideal conditions for lots of good Georgia landscaping plants. Here are a few of our favorite easy to care for plants that thrive in Georgia:
- Crape Myrtle – Crape Myrtles are known for their beautiful and long-lasting summer flowers. Flower colors range from white to a deep purple or red. Plus, various species of crape myrtles make for great shrub borders, screens, or even container plants.
- Japanese Maple – This small tree, also known as Acer Palmatum, can grow to around 15-20 feet tall, with a nice, broad spread of roughly 10-15 feet wide. Japanese maples are known for their beautiful green and red foliage.
- Hydrangea – This shrub produces large, elegant globes of flowers. These blue to purple flowers bloom during summer and spring months, adding beautiful pops of color to your landscaping.
- Witch Hazel – These shrubs feature abundant flowers. The flowers themselves range in color from blue to lavender, bright pink to rose, as well as a cool white. Sometimes, these colors can all bloom at the same time, even from the same plant, since the petals’ color is determined by soil pH!
- Camellia – This compact, evergreen shrub sports white to red shades that can bloom from fall to spring. Camellias require little effort to thrive and make excellent container plants.
Of course, not all plants are easy to maintain, and even the lowest maintenance plants can require professional care from time to time. If you’re ready to get your Atlanta lawn care looking great, or if your plants and shrubs need a little extra attention, then contact Simply Green Lawn Care. We offer plant health care and tree services to keep your landscaping healthy and looking great all year!