Fall is here! That means beautiful leaves, cooling weather, fun Halloween events, and fall lawn care. That’s right–fall is a great time to start preparing your lawn for the coming year. With the right tactics now, you’ll be looking at a gorgeous yard come the spring. Check out these fall lawn care tips from Simply Green Lawn Care in metro Atlanta.
- Rake! Always rake up leaves! Left unchecked, leaves will pile up into a wet, moldy mess, breeding fungus and disease and suffocating your grass. Rather than burning leaves, which can aggravate asthma and other respiratory issues, consider alternatives.
- Mow and Water as Usual. You may want to gradually lower the blade setting as the season progresses, but in general you should continue to mow and water as needed through the fall.
- Aerate. Make it easier for water, nutrients, and sunlight to penetrate the soil with core aeration services from Simply Green.
- Fertilize. If you’re only going to fertilize once, fall is the time to do it. Your grass’ roots will continue to grow in the winter, while the leaves will slow down, and so the roots will reap most of the benefits of fertilizing now, leading to a strong root system.
- Deal with Weeds. Check out our recent blog post on weed control, and don’t let weeds grow like crazy all winter!
With a little attention before the weather cools down, you’ll be able to enjoy a beautiful, lush lawn when it warms up again. Call Simply Green Lawn Care for all your metro Atlanta lawn care needs!