As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers. But sometimes those showers can get a little excessive this time of year, and though water is essential to the health of your lawn, too much of it can do damage too. Many homeowners spend a lot of time and effort to turn their lawns into something beautiful they can enjoy. Making a beautiful lawn and landscape isn’t something that can be tackled in a weekend though. It takes time, and seeing all of that work washed away can be difficult. Simply Green Lawn Care, located in Lilburn, GA, understands the work put in by homeowners on a weekly basis. So we have compiled a list of steps to help restore your turf back to its original glory.
Tips for restoring your turf after a flood
- After the flooding subsides, give the water time to fully absorb into the ground. This might take 2 or 3 weeks.
- During this time, and for a time after, minimize the amount of foot traffic on your lawn. The turf is in a very vulnerable state right now, and susceptible to damage.
- Remove debris. This will allow the turf to breath and absorb more sunlight, and will also give you the opportunity to move forward with whatever might be needed.
- Feed you lawn. If the flood was bad enough, it will have washed away much of the nutrients your lawn needs to flourish. You will need to replenish those nutrients, and if you are unsure how to go about doing that, a professional lawn care company can help.
- Once your turf begins to recover, keep feeding it with fertilizer to rebuild those strong roots!
If you need a little help bringing out the best in your lawn, contact us and let us know what we can do for you!