Can you believe that another year has already come and gone? New years eve is this Thursday and many people will be celebrate the start of 2016 with friends and family. The new year is a time to start fresh and make resolutions for the next 12 months. Some people take strides towards bettering themselves, but, here at Simply Green Lawn Care, located near Atlanta, GA, our goals are to make you lawn better! If you want to have a more vibrant and healthy lawn in the new year, here are some tips to get you started in 2016!
- Prune trees and shrubs – Pruning trees and shrubs in the dormant season can give new life to some plants. A plant that is pruned properly can thrive with new blooms, and support healthier growth in the spring.
- Pre-emergent – They may not be rearing their ugly heads yet, but the weeds you battle every spring and summer are lying dormant and waiting to wreak havoc on your lawn. Use pre-emergent now, and prevent weeds later!
- Fertilize tall fescue – Do you have a tall fescue lawn? Start thinking about fertilizing it in the next month or so! Fertilizing in February will provide you with a rewarding spring and summer season of rich, green fescue.
- Check your soils pH – One of the most influential elements of any successful lawn or garden, is the soil. If you haven’t checked the pH of your soil in a couple of years, this is the time of year to check it.
- Clear leaves and debris – With the cooler months (well, usually cooler), come a lot of fallen leaves and debris. Be sure to keep your lawn clear of these items to avoid lawn fungi and disease.