It’s no secret. The weather recently has been rain, rain and more rain. It seems that we have had a little reprieve from that the past couple of days and the sun has finally come back out! But even though the sun is shinning again, homeowners might still be seeing signs of the rain days after it has stopped. When enough falls, rain can do quite a bit of damage to a lawn, and that can be a little disheartening if you are one of the many people who care for and take pride in their yard. So, what can we do? Simply Green Lawn Care, located near Atlanta, GA, has some tips for Georgia homeowners after the recent week’s weather.
Lawn Care After Heavy Rain
- After the flooding subsides, give the water time to fully absorb into the ground. This might take 2 or 3 weeks.
- During this time, and for a time after, minimize the amount of foot traffic on your lawn. The turf is in a very vulnerable state right now, and susceptible to damage.
- Remove debris. This will allow the turf to breath and absorb more sunlight, and will also give you the opportunity to move forward with whatever might be needed.
- Feed you lawn. If the rain was bad enough, it will have washed away much of the nutrients your lawn needs to flourish. You will need to replenish those nutrients, and if you are unsure how to go about doing that, contact a professional lawn care company to help.
- Once your turf begins to recover, keep feeding it with fertilizer to rebuild those strong roots!