Photo Credit: Flickr Photo via DanielSTL
Did you know that landscaping can add as much as 20% to the resale value of your home? It’s a fact! Not only will landscaping boost the appearance of a home, but it will boost its worth as well. If you are in the process of selling your home or just want to increase its value, a little care to the appearance of a yard’s landscaping can go a long way. Follow these tips from Simply Green Lawn Care, located in Lilburn, GA, to increase the curb appeal of your home!
Landscaping ideas to increase the value of your home
- Plant a tree – Not only will planting a tree improve the look and feel of a yard, but it is appealing in regards to a home’s utilities. Trees can provide shade to a home and therefore decrease those monthly energy bills. Little details like this matter to home buyers.
- Pay attention to the lawn – Keep your turf green and disease free! Nothing looks worse on a nice lawn like brown patches and disease spots. Stay on top of seasonal turf issues for the best looking lawn possible.
- Take a step back – What needs to be removed? What can be cleaned up? If a tree has some dead branches, trim them up. If your bushes are looking a little unkempt, bring out the hedge clippers. Pay attention to detail and it will pay off in the end.
- Add a flower bed or pine straw around your trees – It can really clean up the looks of a yard and is fairly cost effective.
- Hire the pros – When in doubt, hire the professionals! Give us a call is you would like us to improve the look and value of your home.