With the devastating floods wreaking havoc in Texas over the past week, we are seeing the destructive nature an influx of water can have. Unfortunately, we are not always able to accurately predict when severe flooding might take place, and if we see it coming, we sometimes mis-asses how bad it will be. Floods destroy most things in its path, from homes to cars. If you find yourself a victim of this natural disaster, it can be an extremely emotional time.
Many homeowners spend a lot of time and effort to turn their lawns into something beautiful they can look at and enjoy. Making a beautiful lawn and landscape isn’t something that can be tackled in a weekend though. It takes time, and seeing all of that work washed away can be difficult. Here, at Simply Green Lawn Care, we don’t specialize in restoring homes or cars, but we can help restore your turf back to its original glory.
Tips for restoring your turf after a flood
- After the flooding subsides, give the water time to fully absorb into the ground. This might take 2 or 3 weeks.
- During this time, and for a time after, minimize the amount of foot traffic on your lawn. The turf is in a very vulnerable state right now, and susceptible to damage.
- Remove debris. This will allow the turf to breath and absorb more sunlight, and will also give you the opportunity to move forward with whatever might be needed.
- Feed you lawn. If the flood was bad enough, it will have washed away much of the nutrients your lawn needs to flourish. You will need to replenish those nutrients, and if you are unsure how to go about doing that, a professional lawn care company can help.
- Once your turf begins to recover, keep feeding it with fertilizer to rebuild those strong roots!
If you are interested in the services of Simply Green, contact us!